International Student Advice

International students often have a lot of questions during their studies in Germany:

A new university system, a foreign language and often a completely different culture can cause communication difficulties and conflicts with classmates, roommates and employees of authorities.

For specific questions about your rights of residence and employment or financing of studies, we will be happy to help you. Most international students need to finance their studies themselves and cannot receive assistance.

Sometimes the problem is just the lack of information. Consultancy and the provision of contact information often helps.

Consultancy at the Studentenwerk:

The Social Counselling Service is a first point of contact for students seeking advice and support in social issues related to their study.

The consultation is strictly confidential and completely independent of the universities and other authorities!

Consultancy at the Universities:

The International Office at your university also offers advice and support!