From Monday, 18.01.2021, FFP2 masks will be mandatory for local transport and retail throughout Bavaria. According to official guidelines, this also affects our canteens!
Please follow the new guidelines and wear an FFP2 mask when entering our canteens.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and the corresponding Corona measures, there will unfortunately be changes again:
- Canteen Feldkirchenstraße – open from 11.01.2021 (take-away meals only)
|Mon - Fri||11:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.||Food served until 2:00 p.m.|
As of 2 November 2020, our canteens and cafeterias will only be allowed to offer take-away meals.
This is because the Bavarian regulation on infection prevention measures no. 8 (8. BayIfSMV) dated Friday, 30 October 2020 stipulates that the only canteens that are allowed to open are “staff canteens that are not open to the public”. According to the Bavarian State Ministry of Public Health and Care Services, the canteens and cafeterias operated by Studentenwerk institutions do not fall into this category.
See below for the new rules that will be in place at our canteens and cafeterias during the “lockdown light”:
- Our canteens and cafeterias will remain open for you as far as possible. However, we can only offer take-away meals.
- You will not need to pre-order your takeaway.
- We will charge you €0.50 for take-away food containers. Optionally you can bring your own lunchboxes.
- There will be no cutlery available.
- Our mensaVital meals will be served without drinks.
- You will no longer need to register as a guest.
- To find out whether your canteen/cafeteria is currently open, please take a look at the corresponding subpage.
- Our canteens and cafeterias are open to everyone. Since we will only be offering take-away meals, we can also accept guests that are not students or staff members of the higher education institutions or the Studentenwerk Würzburg.
Construction of the new canteen and cafeteria building on Austraße has now been completed, and the canteen reopened on Monday, 22 June 2020.
In view of the current situation, please come to the canteen only if you want to eat there or pick up a takeaway!
Please do not stop by just to have a look at the new building!
Please note the new opening hours of the open canteens:
Our canteens are open Monday to Friday from 11:30 a.m.to2:00 p.m. (food served until 1:30 p.m.).
“Every day, just under 900 canteens and cafeterias operated by one of the 58 Studentenwerk organisations prepare meals for around 80% of university students. Wanting to find out how vegan friendly those canteens and cafeterias are, the PETA animal rights organisation conducted surveys among all Studentenwerk organisations in Germany in 2014 and 2015. Have there been any positive developments? Are the canteens offering more vegan meals? Have staff members attended training courses? How many Studentenwerk organisations are offering at least one vegan meal every day in at least one canteen? In order to get answers to these and other questions, PETA conducted another survey in 2016 and awarded stars to canteens. Thirty-three Studentenwerk organisations participated, the highest number ever.”
More information can be found on the PETA website at:
Contact for press enquiries at PETA Germany:
Jana Fuhrmann, phone: +49 711 860 591 529, email: JanaF@peta.de