The Franco-German photography contest is a yearly contest for students in France and Germany.
This year's contest is all about commitment: What does commitment mean to you? Who is committed to supporting you? Or what cause are you committed to? Commitment comes in many shapes and sizes. And not everyone receives the credit they deserve for their commitment. But one thing is certain: We need people who are committed to making a difference. Show us in your photo what commitment is to you!
The photography contest aims to encourage Franco-German friendship and gives students in France and Germany the opportunity to show their creativity.
The contest is open to all students aged 18 or over who are enrolled in a programme at a university in France or Germany.
The best contest submissions are judged by a panel composed of German and French members. The winner will be announced in April 2019.
- 1st place winner: €1,000
- 2nd place winner: €500
- Franco-German Friendship Prize (Deutsch-Französischer Freundschaftspreis / Prix de coeur franco-allemand) for a particularly good effort to encourage Franco-German friendship (no prize money)
Participants do not only have a chance to win prize money. They also have a chance to have their photo shown in a travelling exhibition that will come to Studentenwerk towns in France and Germany. It is planned that the award ceremony and exhibition opening will take place in Strasbourg in late August 2019.
The Studentenwerk Würzburg looks forward to receiving your photo submission and wishes you every success in the contest!
- Submission deadline: 28 February 2019
- Only one photo allowed per participant
- All students - irrespective of whether they are studying in Würzburg, Bamberg, Aschaffenburg, or Schweinfurt – must submit their photo together with all required documents to the Studentenwerk Würzburg:
z.Hd. Andrea Bala
Am Studentenhaus, 97072 Würzburg
+49 931 8005 233
- More information on the 2019 Franco-German photography contest (available in German only)
- Terms and conditions (available in German only)
- Contest entry form (available in German only)
- Participating institutions – contact information for students
The Franco-German photography contest is being organised by Deutsches Studentenwerk in cooperation with its French partner Cnous, kindly supported by the Franco-German Youth Office.