In the winter semester 2020/2021, we can begin to reopen our canteens and cafeterias.
From Monday, 18.01.2021, FFP2 masks will be mandatory for local transport and retail throughout Bavaria. According to official guidelines, this also affects our canteens! Please follow the new guidelines and wear an FFP2 mask when entering our canteens.
Please follow the links below to find out which canteens and cafeterias are open at the moment:
As of 2 November 2020, our canteens and cafeterias will only be allowed to offer take-away meals.
This is because the Bavarian regulation on infection prevention measures no. 8 (8. BayIfSMV) dated Friday, 30 October 2020 stipulates that the only canteens that are allowed to open are “staff canteens that are not open to the public”. According to the Bavarian State Ministry of Public Health and Care Services, the canteens and cafeterias operated by Studentenwerk institutions do not fall into this category.
See below for the new rules that will be in place at our canteens and cafeterias during the “lockdown light”:
- Our canteens and cafeterias will remain open for you as far as possible. However, we can only offer take-away meals.
- You will not need to pre-order your takeaway.
- We will charge you €0.50 for take-away food containers. Optionally you can bring your own lunchboxes.
- There will be no cutlery available.
- Our mensaVital meals will be served without drinks.
- You will no longer need to register as a guest.
- To find out whether your canteen/cafeteria is currently open, please take a look at the corresponding subpage.
- Our canteens and cafeterias are open to everyone. Since we will only be offering take-away meals, we can also accept guests that are not students or staff members of the higher education institutions or the Studentenwerk Würzburg.
- You must follow the general protection and hygiene guidelines.
- You MUST wear a mask over your mouth and nose (from 18.01.2021 FFP2 masks are mandatory!) and follow social distancing rules.
- Payment is by chip card only.
- Food is served from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Drinks and sweets available.
- You can load money onto your chip card at the load location in the canteen/Mensateria.
Picking up a takeaway:
- No cutlery available for take-away meals.
- We will charge you €0.50 for take-away food containers (€0.25 for burger containers). Optionally you can bring your own lunchboxes.