Licence Fee

For every apartment in the student residence, there has to be paid a licence fee directly to the "Beitragsservice von ARD, ZDF und Deutschlandradio", regardless of how many people live there, and whether and how many radios or TVs they own.

The website of "Beitragsservice von ARD, ZDF und Deutschlandradio" under answers frequently asked questions, provides detailed information about the licence fee and explains the background of the broadcasting financing. In addition, there are all forms for registration and deregistration, changing details as well as an application for exemption or reduction.